ARCHITECTURAL INTEREST - WWW.CYPO.COM
BBD BAGH (DALHOUSIE SQUARE)
In 1885 when Queen Victoria took over the administration of India from the East India Company, Calcutta became the capital of British India. Dalhousie Square renamed Benoy-Badal-Dinesh Bagh after the three martyrs of Bengal is in the heart of the city. On the north side of the square lies the huge Writers Building, originally built as the residence of the writers or clerks of the East India Company and now houses the secretariat of the Government of West Bengal. To the west, the Calcutta GPO and to the east is the WB Tourist office, to the south is the Raj Bhawan, built in the Georgian style, the Assembly House and the Calcutta High Court.
HOWRAH BRIDGE - This cantilevered bridge is an architectural feat.
VIDYASAGAR SETU - A second suspension bridge on the river Hooghly has a cable-stay design in lines with the Golden Gate bridge of San Francisco.